Thursday, 18 July 2013

Kids clothes week day 3, mega naps, and improvising.

Seriously, wow.  My little Geranium dress was included on day 3.  To those who don't know this is a challenge to try to sew something every day for your kid.  It is where the big guns of the sewing/blog world impress, inspire and down right intimidate us mortals.  So you can imagine my glee (this may have been accompanied by some involuntary squeeling and perhaps a busted up version of the running man) when I click on the blog to see Monkey's little dress.   Now, yes I already had some stuff done, but I did actually finish it properly on those days so I am hoping this counts.  Hand stitching in bits and pieces takes time that I don't always have.  Today though, I am hoping to bring it!

So moving on to day 4, I have the fabric all picked out when disaster struck in the shape of my printer.  Not only am I out of paper but I am out of blue ink.  Can someone please explain to me why of bloody why, when I want to print in black (of which I have plenty) my bloody printer won't bloody co-operate?  I don't need blue, I don't want blue.  Damn you technology.

I am now going to have to wing something.  Not sure what yet but it involves stripes and spots.  I will know more when I start cutting.


So after writing the above, the Monkey still had not woken up!  WTF!  So not to look a gift horse in the mouth and out of curiosity, I started on today's project.  After a wee flick through patterns that had been cut out, I decided to base it on the Sewing for boys Raglan T.  Now this is supposed to be done in knits with open seams, but what the hey, lets see what happens.  Well within one hour, it was cut and put together.  Yes one hour.  It was that quick.  In retrospect, when I make it again (and I will), and if I am not using knits then I will go a few sizes up.  Cotton has no give in it, so getting it on and off a fractious toddler was a bit of a struggle, but it looked bloody awesome on.  So I am totally making another.  I was just finishing the leaf top stitching at the bottom when she woke up.  Awesome timing.





Looks a bit like a toadstool huh?  So that is what I called it.

No comments:

Post a Comment