Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Radio silence and a love affair.

I have been a tad busy over the last few weeks hence not much written in this here lovely blog.  I am back now though, and am here to show you in its full glory what I have been up to.  It is possible that I have started this post at least 4 time's in the last week.  Every time I sit down to write, something happens.  Take now for instance, I have Monkey sitting on my lap, (it is a challenge to type) I have the builders doing construction/destruction to the stairs for the upstairs apartments (sadly this involves being in mine), and I am surrounded by the chaos that this has created.  My apartment look's like a bomb has gone off!  I want to work but this is not going to happen today.

On the upside, I have finished my Dad's quilt.   It look's amazing.  I am so happy with it that is makes me a little giddy.





I tried to get George to more but he was having none of it so I just covered him over.


In other news, these last few week's have bought some new projects, (one is actually for me) some started some still in the planning stage, (this is a new hobby that I have picked up in the last week.  Paper piece quilting.  It is all done by hand.  Yes every hexagon was cut and sewn by my little finger's from the scraps of my Dad's quilt.  We will see how far it gets.)




I've got a commission for 3 bag's as Christmas presents (one is completed and look's the bomb, I may have to make one for myself).



Monkey and I have been to Belgium to watch my old friend and one of Cleo's God mother's run in a half marathon (if you knew her you would understand what a miracle this was), we are so proud of her and Paul (her running partner) who raised of 3k for the George Adamson Wildlife preservation.



Matt had his birthday and I made a whole load of cake's for him to take to work.  Spiced carrot tray bake with a yummy cream cheese frosting, and a deceptive lemon loaf.  Crunchy top and juicy on the inside, it looks boring but tastes divine.




Oh and started to plan Christmas!  My absolute fav holiday of all time!! So I have some decoration's to plan as for the first time in a few year's we are spending Christmas at home.  I can't wait.


Next up on from the sewing machine have been a few thing's for Monkey.  I bought this fantastic fabric when I was pregnant but never managed to do anything with it as sewing was impossible.  It has mocked from my stash for month's and I have now finally used it up.  Again for the blurry pic's, But as Monkey is standing up now, as sported in pic 1, all relevant containment area's have had to be lowered.  My back is not happy with this development I can tell you.  I also made a lined blanket and bumper for her bed as she keeps getting her feet caught.  Silly Monkey.





Any way moving on.  I have finally fixed a much loved and very old turtle called Stoffel for a friend.  He was in a washing machine accident that could have proved fatal.  Here he is though back from the dead and slightly slimer. (Sorry for the teeny picture's too, If I make them bigger they loose loads of resolution.)


Lastly though, I just want to say oh how I love Instagram.  I try to take a picture or ten every day and it is so much fun.  I will love it even more next year when I can get a new phone with a better camera.  In the mean time we will have to suffer with this one so apologies for the wealth of shoddy snaps.  Now I can take a good picture when I choose to  I have even sold a few.  I almost understand some of the setting's and the such, but there is something about Instagram that speak's to the Polaroid lover in me.  You remember them right?  Best thing about Instagram though is it is free and you can share it with the world.  Fun huh?  So here are a few from the last few week's.













 Thanks for reading at will try not to leave it so long next time. xx





No comments:

Post a Comment